Monday, March 4, 2013

The Labour Ward

It's lambing season, one of the busiest times of the year for my Dad and brother. I love these busy weeks, there are so many snapping opportunities. It never ceases to amaze me to see the birth of a new lamb even though I've seen it so many times. Feast your eyes here on some newborn lambs in the labour ward. 


Still wet from it’s transition from mother to world and covered with loose straw, it blinked its eyes and let out nearly inaudible little bleats as it tried to get to its feet. Mum was close by, not overly concerned that I was lying in the straw just a few inches away from her baby.
My niece Laura reaches out a helping hand to a newly born lamb seconds old while her Dad delivers his siblings Lambs 2 and 3!!













24 hours later the lambs are ready to make the transition from labour ward to open fields... there is some separation anxiety for the few minutes it takes to get to the destination.
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment